8 th Slovenian Urological Congress
Ljubljana, 29 September – 1. October 2022
Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana
Dunajska cesta 154,
Congress venue, September 30th and 01st October 2022
Venue for 1st day of Congress, September 29th 2022
Online abstract submission & registration opens: July 20,2022
Submission of abstracts: August 31, 2022
Acceptance notification: September 7, 2022
Early Registration: September 15, 2022
Zoran Krstanoski, SUA president
Andreja Kogelnik, SUA Secretary General
Zoran Krstanoski, predsednik
Majda Topler, President
Benign prostatic obstruction
Chronic pelvic pain and surgical treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
ESU course at the national congress of the Slovenian Urological Association
Place Ljubljana, Slovenia
Date 1 October 2022
Chair M. Rieken, Zürich (CH)
09.00 European School of Urology: A unique possibility for urological education
M. Rieken, Zürich (CH)
09.05 Chronic pelvic pain in men: Practical guidelines on diagnostics and
R. Almeida Pinto, Vila Nova de Gaia (PT)
09.30 Chronic pelvic pain in women: Practical guidelines on diagnostics and
R. Almeida Pinto, Vila Nova de Gaia (PT)
09.55 EAU Guidelines recommendations on benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
M. Rieken, Zürich (CH)
10.15 Surgical treatment of BPH: Is enucleation the way to go?
M. Rieken, Zürich (CH)
10.40 Interactive case discussion
ESU faculty + Local faculty
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submitting Abstracts for oral and poster presentations
- Authors are invited to submit abstracts on any of the given themes.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the members of the Scientific Committee.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on USB drive given to all delegates upon registration.
- There is no limit of the number of submitting abstracts.
Abstract Submission Deadline
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts will be sent electronically to the corresponding author by September 7, 2022.
- The organisers will publish only the abstracts submitted by authors, who will settle their registration fee by September 15, 2022.
The Scientific Committee will ultimately decide whether a submitted abstracts will be selected for an oral or a poster presentation.
The scheduled time for each oral presentation is 7 minutes, followed by 3 minute discussion. With this in mind, speakers are requested to stay within the time given. While the names of several authors may be included in the title of the abstract, only one author will be allowed to give the oral presentation.
Method of Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted only via the online form – after creating new user account with your e-mail address and password.
- Authors will be notified about the submission of their abstract by e-mail immediately. In case you do not receive confirmation of abstract submission within 24 hours, please check your spam folder and in case of no confirmation e-mail, please contact: email@example.com.
- Authors will have access to their presentation portal (abstracts) until the congress starts, but once abstract is submitted it can no longer be edited;
- All correspondence concerning the abstract will be sent to submitting author’s e-mail address.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Abstracts can be submitted on topics listed above.
- Abstracts have to be written in English.
- Fill in the submitting author’s name and e-mail address properly – these contact details will serve for further correspondence with the author(s).
- The length of the abstracts should not be more than 250 words –
Abstracts are a comprehensive summary of an author’s oral or poster presentations of their original research, work …. Previously published work should not be submitted unless updated by new findings, data or methods. The submitted abstracts must contain the title (up to 20 words) and the following sections: objective, method, results and conclusions. Its maximum length should not exceed 250 words. References, tables or pictures cannot be included in the abstract.
Good research should be well justified, well planned, and appropriately designed, so that it can properly address the research question. All authors are responsible for the quality, accuracy, and ethics of the work. Republication of a paper in another language, or simultaneously in multiple journals with different audiences, may be acceptable, provided that there is full and prominent disclosure of its original source at the time of submission of the manuscript.
If you have any questions regarding abstract submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a wireless internet network (wifi UKC/Austria Trend) if you wish to use your own notebook.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
Registration is required for all Conference participants and accompanying persons. For company group bookings, please request further instructions from the Registration Office:
How to Register
Please create the new user account and with your e-mail address and password continue the on-line procedure. Upon submitting the Registration Form, a participant will receive automatically generated summary to his/her e-mail address.
If you have co-authored and already submitted any congress abstract through our presentation submission portal, then you must use the same username and password if you wish to submit another abstract.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it via the forgotten password link at the log-in page. New password will be sent to your e-mail account (please check also the spam folder).
Otherwise, you should create a new user account and follow the provided instructions.
In case of any trouble while registering for the Congress, please contact our registration team at email@example.com
|2022||Early Registration fee Payment until
September 15, 2022
|Late Registration fee
Payment after September 15, 2022
|Regular Fee||250 €||300 €|
|Specialists- Residents*||150 €||180 €|
|Nurses (Special Nurses Session on September 30)||50 €||60 €|
*it is possible to register for ESU Course only – follow the registration process (80€).
The registration regular fee and resident fee includes:
- Participation in all lectures
- Congress materials
- Admission to Welcome Reception
- Meals and refreshments: daily coffee breaks and conference lunch
- Congress dinner on September 30th (limited attendance, on first come first serve basis – to be checked in online registration form)
- ESU course
The registration fee for nurses includes:
- Participation in all lectures of Nurses part – September 30th
- Congress materials
- Meals and refreshments: daily coffee breaks and conference lunch (September 30)
Note: Payments must be received by the corresponding deadlines (early or late), otherwise the subsequent rate will automatically apply.
Payment in euros without any charges to the beneficiary should be made
- By bank transfer:
Bank name: BANKA SLOVENIJE
Slovenska 35, 1000 Ljubljana
IBAN: SI56 0110 0600 0022 527
Beneficiary: CANKARJEV DOM,
Cultural and Congress Centre
Prešernova cesta 10, SI 1000, Ljubljana
Account number: SI56 0110 0600 0022 527
With notification: ZUS 2022 – First name and last name of the participant
- By credit card (Visa, Mastercard)
For domestic participants, payment in euros should be made:
Št. Računa: SI56 0110 0600 0022 527
Sklic na št.: 00-641100322 (pri elektronskem plačilu prek Klik NLB ali SKB uporabite sklic na št.:00 10018)
By credit card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Payments should clearly state the participant’s and/or accompanying person’s name(s)
- All payments should have the notification “ZUS 2022”
- For summary payment orders, please enclose a list of names
- Payment or proof of payment should accompany the registration form
- VAT (22%) is included in the registration fee
Confirmation of registration
Your registration and all payments will be confirmed in writing upon receipt of your registration form and payment or proof of payment.
Cancellations and refunds
All cancellations of conference registration, which must include your full bank account details, should be sent in writing to the Conference Secretariat, Cankarjev dom, Cultural and Congress Centre. Cancellations received no later than 18 September 2022 will be refunded in full except
for the administrative fee of EUR 50. Refunds will be made after the conference has concluded. Cancellation received after 19 September 2022, will not be refunded.
Changes in registration
Name and invoice changes should be notified in writing to Conference Secretariat. A handling fee of 10 EUR will be charged.
During session breaks, refreshments will be served free of charge to participants wearing congress badges.
Lunches are included in the registration fee and will be served at lunchtime.
Conference Identification Badge
A conference identification badge will be included in the conference material provided upon Registration. There will be no admittance to the Scientific Sessions without the conference badge. Tickets to social events will be collected at the entrance.
It is possible to book a room in Austria Trend Hotel, but there is a limited number of rooms available.
|1 person||110,00 €|
|2 persons||130,00 €|
|1 person||135,00 €|
|2 persons||155,00 €|
Coming by plane
The main international airport is Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, which is set 25 km from Ljubljana. There are direct flights to Ljubljana Airport from: Amsterdam, Belgrade, Berlin, Brussels, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Podgorica Sarajevo, Warsaw, Zurich.
Distances from other major international airports: Trieste Airport, Italy (125 km to Ljubljana), Klagenfurt Airport, Austria (120 km to Ljubljana) and Zagreb Airport, Croatia (147 km to Ljubljana).
For transfer to/from Ljubljana and nearby airports or cities (Ljubljana Airport, Trieste, Venice, Treviso, Bologna, Verona, Milano, Klagenfurt, Graz, Salzburg, Wien, München, Zagreb) we recommend shuttle service by GoOpti that enables you to book adaptable low-cost transfers to airports and cities, which are instantly confirmed, 100% reliable and carried out by skilled drivers and clean modern vehicles. All transfers are guaranteed, confirmed, available 24/7, door-to-door (from airport directly to hotel). We recommend that you book tickets as soon as possible because of GoOpti dynamic pricing.
Other Airport transfer from Ljubljana airport to Ljubljana City:
Airport – Main bus station (the last stop): Ljubljana airport bus
Coming by train
Ljubljana can be easily reached from all major European cities. For more information visit the DB TravelService.
Coming by car
You can enter Slovenia via one of the border crossings with Italy, Austria, Hungary or Croatia, or you can rent a car in one of our car rental agencies. Slovenia’s highways (Vignieta) are good and clearly signposted.
More information: ViaMichelin and AMZS (national Automobile Association).
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION in Ljubljana
|To ride a bus, the Urbana card is needed; the card can be purchased at vending machines and some convenience stores. The price of the card itself is 2 EUR. After purchase, charge the card as needed at the vending machine; one fare costs 1.20 EUR and includes a 90-minute ride with transfer on any bus. After entering the bus, you must touch the validating machine (located next to the driver) with the card; thus, the fare is deducted from the credit on the card. For more information see the webpage of Ljubljana City Public Transport.|
Your company is invited to apply for various sponsorship opportunities and exhibition. Reservations and allocation of space will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. For more information please contact:
Mrs. Tina Kramberger
Cankarjev dom, Cultural and Conference Centre
Prešernova 10, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Participants who require a visa to enter Slovenia need to request a letter of guarantee, which will be issued by the Conference Secretariat. The letter of guarantee is issued exclusively for the purposes of visa arrangements and does not imply provision of any financial or other support.
Information on visas and addresses of embassies is available on the web site of the Slovenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In case you apply for a visa at an embassy, please fill in the form below in order to obtain the letter of guarantee and fax it to +386 1 241 72 96 or send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants who already possess a valid Schengen visa type C or a valid residence permit issued by another Schengen country do not need to obtain an additional visa to enter Slovenia.
How do I apply for a visa?
You need to follow these steps:
- Register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
- Fill in the form below and send your request for letter of guarantee to email@example.com.
- After we have received the filled-in form we will issue a letter of guarantee and send you a copy by email and an original by post.
- Should you require the letter of guarantee immediately please inform us about it. We can arrange shipping by DHL. However, DHL costs need to be paid in advance.
- After you have received your letter of guarantee contact the embassy that can issue your visa.
- Letter of Guarantee